Best tour packages
Think of Switzerland Think of Evergreen
Why Switzerland has always been in the bucket list of honeymooners. Girls especially are so much mesmerized by the beauty of lakes and Swiss Alps that they are willing to travel Switzerland again and again.
Visiting The film locations of DDLJ and getting picturized has always been a fantasy for Children, Newly Weds, Elderly etc.
So lets begin the blog without any delay. Before that who am i?
I am Abhishek Bansal and a Travel Consultant by Profession. With my experience in handling clients across different states,i would like to bring certain myths and clarify the same with the blog you can contact me at my id: email@example.com
I like searching about destinations, hotels etc from various sources like government/hotel websites, webinars, bloggers accounts, etc. Since it’s our 3rd generation into the business of Tourism, we can give you a glimpse of few destinations, changing trends, myths with travelling etc . you can find best Switzerland tour package
Switzerland is the perfect destination as it offers a great variety of landscapes, languages, cultures, lifestyles, and recreational activities all in a small area. Everything is perfectly organised, from the transportation system to accommodations and attractions. Even the best of Europe Packages are incomplete without Switzerland.
The best Switzerland Packages are a mixture of hills,lakes,cruises,trains,boutique and luxury hotels,swiss chocolates and swiss watches.
The cruise in Lucerne has Dal,Papad,Rice,Pickel,Vegetables,Desert etc in its Menu
- Easy Availability of Indian Food in Switzerland (eg GourmIndia in Lucerne,Malabar Restaurant Zurich,Sangam palace Zurich)
- Gruyere Cheese Factory , Mt Jungfrau , DDLJ Shooting Locations, Schilthorn Excursion and Adventure Sports including Paragliding, Lake Thun+ St Beatus Caves (Interlaken)
- Chapel Bridge Mt Titlis excursion,Lavaux Vineyard ,Lake Lucerne and Mt Pilatus boat cruise(Lucerne)
- Night Clubs,1000 Fountains,Fifa Museum,Rhine Falls and Lindt Chocolate Factory Tour (Zurich)
- Matterhorn Glacier Paradise , Ice Skating,Sledging ,Igloo Village (Zermatt) Michelin star Restaurants
Shopping of Exclusive brands at Nominal Prices (Refund of Vat paid at Zurich and Geneva Airport)+ discount on American Express Card.
Bahnhofstrasse is the main shopping hub in Zurich
Exhibitions for Art Lovers in Basel,Zurich Swiss Music Festivals Around the Year
Why Swiss Travel Pass:
- Unlimited Travel by Train,bus,boat
- Free Lake Thun Cruise ,Lake Geneva Cruise,Zurich lake Cruise etc
- 50% off on Mount Pilatus ticket Lucene
- Free ticket of Rhine Falls
- Free entry to Chillon Castle
- Free excursion to Mt Rigis, Stanserhorn(not 100% free :Schilthorn)
- Free entry to around 500 Museums including Fifa Museum,Olympic Museum,Matterhorn Museum
- Free Travel of children below 16 years of age when accompanied with Parents
- Mesmerising Scenic Beauty
Swiss Pass is of 3, 4, 8 ,15 day pass
Some of the famous Panoramic trains:
- Golden pass panaromic : Interaken to montreux: …3hr 5 mins
- (DDLJ and Hero No 1 shot here).
- Due to Bollywood Tourism , its more famous than other swiss trains
- The Glacier Express is also called the slowest express train in the world. It crosses through 91 tunnels and 291 bridges. It is an eight-hour journey Zermatt to St. Moritz.
- Bernina Express (Chur-Tirano, Italy)
The train passes through 55 tunnels and over 196 bridges on its way from Chur to Tirano The Swiss Travel provides free access to 500 museums across Switzerland, as well as unlimited access to all trains, buses and boats across Switzerland, including premium panoramic trains Seat reservation is required in premium panoramic trains
Seat reservation is mandatory for Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express. A reservation is recommended for GoldenPass Line and Lucerne-Interlaken Express especially in Peak seasons of April-mid july
If travelling with kids,try Globi Express Train which runs from Luzern to Engelberg which has fun and audio books for kids and is a short 45 mins journey worth experiencing.
- Chocolate Train was introduced in 2019 for train ride from Montreux to Montbovon (part of Golden Pass). After train journey, bus is taken to do bus tour of Nestle Chocolate factory. Coffee and chocolate croissants offered after leaving Montreux
For better experiences,download Swiss Travel Guide on your mobile phones
Switzerland is at its best when explored on Swiss rail. The comfortable journeys, mesmerizing views, scrumptious food,good connectivity etc makes Switzerland Visits memorable.
In Swiss rail, food is available in both first and second class, but it is chargeable in both cases.
- Switzerland inter country trains: For this Euro Rail Pass required
- Intercity express: Germany – Switzerland
- Eurocity: Italy to Switzerland
- Tgv lyria: France-Switzerland
Mainly Interlaken and its areas around had many DDLJ location sites:
Saanen Bridge : “Palat Palat” scene
- Gstaad : Zara sa jhoom loo mein song
- Zweisimmen: scene of Kajol missing the train
- One can found Yash Chopra Statue in Interlaken
- Train no 215: it is known as Yash Chopra Train
- Apart from DDLJ,many other films likes hero No 1, Mohabbatein, Bachna ae haseeno etc were shot in Switzerland
- Hollywood films like “on her Majesty s sectret service” were also shot (Schilthorn Excursion)
Switzerland in 3 days – Highlights
- Lucerne: Pilatus, Lake Lucerne, Old Town Lucerne
- Interlaken: Jungfraujoch, Schynige Platte, St. Beatus Caves
- Zermatt: Gomergrat, Alpine village Findeln, Klein-Matterhorn
Switzerland in 5 days – Highlights
- Geneva: St. Pierre, UNO, Mouettes
- Interlaken: Jungfraujoch, Schynige Platte, St. Beatus Caves
- Zermatt: Gornergrat, Alpine village Findeln, Klein-Matterhorn
- Moritz: Lakes, Silvaplana, Muottas Muragl
- Ascona: Ascona, Lago Maggiore, Mogno / Valle Maggia
FIFA WORLD CUP MUSEUM
WHY FIFA MUSEUM BEING SO MUCH EMPHASISED UPON?
WHY SO MUCH BUZZ AROUND FIFA MUSEUM?
- Firstly Fifa Museum has Jersey and story of all 211 members of Fifa including India
- Secondly , it has Stories of World Cup and Rules of Games since 1930s
- Thirdly, Original Trophy , signed items like Shoes of Messi can be seen
- Fourthly, Artificial Gaming sessions can be held in museum
- More over, Fifa Museum is free with Swiss pass
- From Tourist Point of view:
- It is a good alternative if weather is not good. Full Day can be spent in the FIFA Museum
- Even if not full day 1-2 hours can be spent. Best suits when one is free whole day and has to catch evening flight
- The museum has direct train connectivity to Zurich Airport
From MICE point of view:
- Events can be organized or meetings can be held
- Great Incentives/discounts offered for the groups
What so special about Schilthorn Excursion in Interlaken?
- The ticket Price includes access to Bond world,007 walk of fame ( get glimpse of behind the scenes of James Bond starrer ,skyline walk and thrill walk
- “On Her Majesty s sectret Service”),
- 360° restaurant Piz Gloria and the stunning views to 200 alpine peaks
- Also there is easy availability of Indian food in the restaurants
- Skiing can be done at Additional cost
- Here there is always a tie between airbnb lovers and hotel lovers.
- Airbnb many a times is preferred due to long stay discounts, work at own pace,away from hustle bustlt of city life.
- While hotels are preferred owining to amazing hospitality,mesmerizing view,proximity to city center etc
- Switzerland offers array of boutique hotels like NH Zurich,Hotel Allegra, or igloo villages in Zermatt or skiing resorts like Giardino Mountain St Moritz or Golf Hotels like Guarda Golf Hôtel & Résidences.
- Ibis,Novotel and Nh Hotel Chains are very popular in Switzerland.
Those who love driving for Long hours. They can hire a car and do self driving.Self Driving can be for city breaks (eg Geneva or zurich )or to go to areas to nearby city (Rhine Falls near Zurich or Gstaad near Interlaken or take Grand Road tours of 10-15 days or more covering 3-4 cities or more.
When to visit?
Owing to Exhibitions,Events,Musical Shows and landscape beauty,Switzerland is an year round destination. However best time to visit is between mid April to mid July.Its fully packed and can meet people from all walks of life during this period.
How much does it cost for a trip to Switzerland from India ?
Budget in Consideration:
For Switzerland package for 7 to 8 days, cost for a trip to Switzerland tour is Rs 175000 and above pp while a group tour starts from 130000 Rs pp with basic inclusions like flights visa 3 star hotel basic sightseeing etc
While group tours are cheaper and designed in a way that one sees 3-4 countries in Europe,however,if you want to explore every nook and corner and want the package to be selectively stress free : without early morning wakeup calls or the stress being left over ,customized tour is recommended.
Last Moment Tips:
- Potable water(water for drinking purpose) easily available
- People are Punctual so follow time schedule
- Have Walking Shoes
- Carry Thermals
- Use American Express Card for Shopping
- Always carry Swiss Franc especially in small towns,villages or small scale grocery stores
- Make Hotel Reservations in Advance
- Hotel with Ac in Zurich recommended
- Download Swiss Travel Guide App for better connectivity
- Reserve seats for Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express
- Portrage is hotels is generally paid
- Get Switzerland Package booking atleast 21 days in advance /prior to travel date