Great things are done when traveler and mountain meets!!
ARE YOU A PERSON WHO LOVES TO TRAVEL?
THE ONE WHO LOVES PEACE , NATURE AND THE MOUNTAINS . BUT, WHAT IF YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, AND FEELING STUCK?
It is good to go to mountains to escape from the hustle bustle of your life and to find peace. Shimla, Manali, Kasauli, Kufri being the most popular destinations in Himachal for visiting mountains are crowded for the whole year. People come here to enjoy but due to the traffic jams, long queues the travel is very difficult. But the problems does not ends here, due to overcrowding, tourists can’t find accommodation. Because of this they are frustrated, bored and AS A RESULT UNABLE TO ENJOY THE TRIP.
Hi Everyone, I am ADITYA GILL a Localite from the CAPITAL CITY, SHIMLA and here I am to solve all the problems you are facing Now A Days in travelling. Being a very popular hill station Shimla is crowded throughout the year but being born and brought up in Shimla I know a lot more about Shimla and offbeat destinations there. So, I am here to tell you about all these places in the hills which will keep you mesmerized with the real beauty of mountains and you will fall in love with all these places.
In this blog I am covering all the offbeat places in and around Shimla.
1. Chadwick Falls Shimla
- 7 km away from the city centre in SUMMER HILL,and easily accessiblr by road.
- While Chadwick Falls is great to spend 2-3 hours.Shimla Glen is also a place to admire the nestled amidst the deodar, oak and pine trees
- Shogi is situated 13 km from Shimla, is a small town easily accessed by locals as well as tourists via local transport .TARDEVI, SANKATMOCHAN are most visited here and camping, bird watching and enjoying local food are enjoyable activities (Days to spend 1-2 days)
3. Green Valley Shimla/Hassan valley
- 7 km from Kufri, the Green Valley is well-connected to all parts of the city..
- You can enjoy a day out in KUFRI FUN WORLD and can visit the RESERVE FOREST SCANTURY.(Days to spend 1-day)
- 2-hours away from Shimla. Narkanda is a hidden gem in Dev Bhoomi. 60 km away from Shimla it can be easily reached .
- HATU PEAK,TANNI-JUBBAR LAKE,STOKES FARM,JAUG BAUG are the must visit places here, you can enjoy the experience of trekking , camping ,skiing here.(Days to spend 1-2 days)
5. Chanshal valley
- Located at a distance 160 kilometres from Shimla and is easily accessible.
- Biking, trekking , photography are the things you can enjoy here.(Days 2-3)
6. Shali Tibba
- Highest peak in Shimla 35 kms away from Shimla and easily accessible.
- Adventures camping and trekking are the things which you would love doing here.(Days to spend 1-2 days)
- Just 55 kms away from Shimla which is easily accessible.
- KAILA FOREST,KOTKHAI PALACE,GARAWOG,HPCA STADIUM are the must visit places over here.(Days to spend 2-3 days)
- Tattapani is a located 60 kms away from Shimla. on the banks of river Sutlej.
- HOT WATER SPRING,RIVER RAFTING,SHIVA CAVE,TREKKING AND CAMPING are must do activities here.(Days to spend 1-2 days)
- 18kms away from the city and is easily accessible.(Days to spend 1-2 days)
- CRAIGNANO PARK,GOLF COURSE,TALAI are most visited(camping/trekking)